All of us here at the Foundation for Tacoma Students are thankful to have had some downtime before jumping into what promises to be our busiest year yet. Kicking off 2019 is the opening of the Washington State Legislative Session!
This is an exciting time for the Foundation and the Graduate Tacoma movement as we grow into becoming an even stronger advocate for every child in our community.
Throughout the 2019 Legislative Session, we will advocate for policies that
- Allow our community to continue making deep investments in our students’ achievement;
- Strengthen our early learning system;
- Bring STEM resources to our students;
- Will help us increase the number of students completing a post-secondary degree;
- Support our most vulnerable populations.
Over the coming months, you can expect us to take action and ask you, our partners, to join us in encouraging lawmakers to support these policies.